Cannot login on ranking server

General PokerTH Issues
Juror8

Hi,

I'm getting the "another player in that game has your network address" error message on literally every game. Same error when attempting to create a game.

Does anybody have a quickfix?

Thanks in advance. Great app by the way, minimal and functional
sp0ck

Hi,

ranking games are meant to be played only once per IP Address in order to avoid cheating with multiple accounts.

Are there other people in your network trying to play ranking games, too?
Juror8

Hi,

No, not besides me. I'm having the same exact issue right now after exiting and relaunching the app, after quitting a table.

I have verified that no other pokerth process is active, and clearing cache does not do anything. Makes me think the issue is serverside?

Note that I'm getting the same message when CREATING a new room, which does not seem to make sense
boehmi

I think, you were a "victim" of the "bingo filter". Only 4 games per hour are allowed to filter out players who go allin all the time and therefore leave game early repeatedly. The error message is misleading.
SolidTux

I also cannot login in the Linux client. The console shows

Code: Select all

Session 4294967295 - unhandled exception in HandleRead: src/net/common/clientstate.cpp (896): Error 104
Session 4294967295 - unhandled exception in HandleRead: src/net/common/clientstate.cpp (896): Error 133
I tried resetting the password in different browser, but nothing worked. Login as guest also doesn't work most of the time (it only worked once).
boehmi

SolidTux wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:53 pm I also cannot login in the Linux client. The console shows

Code: Select all

Session 4294967295 - unhandled exception in HandleRead: src/net/common/clientstate.cpp (896): Error 104
Session 4294967295 - unhandled exception in HandleRead: src/net/common/clientstate.cpp (896): Error 133
I tried resetting the password in different browser, but nothing worked. Login as guest also doesn't work most of the time (it only worked once).
What OS and what version of the client are you using and how did you install the client? Installer or from the tar.bz2?

Your game account did not get created. Are you blocking JavaScript in any way? Please reset the password again and make sure that you allow the JS on this site.

But you seem to have 2 problems here if even the guest account doesn't work.
SolidTux

What OS and what version of the client are you using and how did you install the client? Installer or from the tar.bz2?
I'm running Fedora and installed version 1.1.2 from the repository.
Your game account did not get created. Are you blocking JavaScript in any way? Please reset the password again and make sure that you allow the JS on this site.
I specifically reset the password on a clean Chromium without any adblock etc. No JS is blocked.
But you seem to have 2 problems here if even the guest account doesn't work.
Guest account works until the failed login attempt with username. After that it doesn't work anymore until I delete ~/.pokerth
SolidTux

I specifically reset the password on a clean Chromium without any adblock etc. No JS is blocked.
Ah, using the password reset via mail worked. I previously used the one in the settings.
paulie420

I'm also having issues on Linux - I've turned off all my VPNs, reset the password twice and... still can't login on Arch or Debian.

Any new help for Linux users wanting to get on the server???
boehmi

What browser are you using? Something at your end blocks our Javascript, which is needed to create the game account. Try a differnt browser or on a different PC.

After you fixed this, reset your password.