disconnects from server

Have found Bugs? You can post it here.
skza

Hi !
Today i had two bugs. the first, i was kicked on a game in the start (i don't saw the start, but it was not start in my screen) and no have popup to "disconected". The second : I join a game, i'm the last (10), and when the game start, i was "kick" before the 1st hand... so this was not a kick for unactivity.
Strange.
Hope my comment help you.
See u friends
sp0ck

Not reproducable so far. We will keep an eye on it.

Most of the time it's the players ISP causing disconnects.
skza

Thanks.
PS : I don't have problems with my ISP. I'm in optical fiber, and i have a server at home, so if i had an ISP problem, my server log it.
sp0ck

skza wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:28 am Thanks.
PS : I don't have problems with my ISP. I'm in optical fiber, and i have a server at home, so if i had an ISP problem, my server log it.
Not sure about fiber not being able to cause issues - as there is always a hardware device behind or in front of it - but thank you for side-info.
Just let your router (not your server behind of it) log tcp traffic on game server port - then you will be able to enclose the problem. Alternatively use wireshark to grab these packages from your PC, the client runs on, to the server - just set a clear filter. Thanks for more details to come.
boehmi

skza wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:28 am Thanks.
There are so many things between your poker client and the final destination. How do you come to the conclusion, that it only can be a "bug" in the server. It can be anything which causes disconnections.
DenTricky

Most people receive a dynamic ip address from their ISP.
This may cause disconnects from time to time.
But since you are running a local server i assume you bought a static ip address.
Or do you use a DDNS service?