still can not login

Have found Bugs? You can post it here.
HangTranny

boehmi wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:25 pm Like in most cases the problem will be solved by resetting the password here https://www.pokerth.net/app.php/user/forgot_password

Make sure that your browser or Antivirus doesn't block JavaScript. Alternatively try a different browser.
Didn't work. I'm able to login to the forum (obviously) but trying with the software is still telling me the same thing, even after resetting my password.

Also, resetting your password (assuming it works, which it didn't) seems like a bandaid to an actual software engineering problem, no?
boehmi

HangTranny wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:45 pm Also, resetting your password (assuming it works, which it didn't) seems like a bandaid to an actual software engineering problem, no?
Please try again with a different browser or on a different PC. Something on your end is blocking the JavaScript which is required to keep the password of your forum account in sync with the gaming account or to create the gaming account in first place. This is not a "bandaid", these are 2 different databases and it's the way it works.
HangTranny

boehmi wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:29 pm
HangTranny wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:45 pm Also, resetting your password (assuming it works, which it didn't) seems like a bandaid to an actual software engineering problem, no?
Please try again with a different browser or on a different PC. Something on your end is blocking the JavaScript which is required to keep the password of your forum account in sync with the gaming account or to create the gaming account in first place. This is not a "bandaid", these are 2 different databases and it's the way it works.
I don't understand how your two databases not having the same info is related to my browser's javascript? I'm using the PokerTH software on my computer, not the browser.
boehmi

HangTranny wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:06 pm I don't understand how your two databases not having the same info is related to my browser's javascript? I'm using the PokerTH software on my computer, not the browser.
If you want to play here, just follow the instructions. Not everyone can or need to understand how everything works "under the hood". But for you I try to explain it a last time.

The only time, the password is known in the clear is when you type it into the browser. It then gets encrypted and stored encrypted in the database. Both databases use different methods for encryptions and since we are not the programmers of the forum software we can't change that. That's why we can't just copy the encrypted password from one database to the other. The only possible way we can keep both passwords the same is, when you create your account or when you reset your password. Then our embedded JavaScript creates the game account, if it doesn't exist yet, and submits the encrypted password. And without that gaming account you won't be able to login with the PokerTH software.

Further discussions will lead to nothing. You don't have a game account yet and the only way you can get one is either to reset your password or create a new forum account. In both cases our embedded JavaScript needs to run.
hangyourselftranny

boehmi wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:53 pm
HangTranny wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:06 pm I don't understand how your two databases not having the same info is related to my browser's javascript? I'm using the PokerTH software on my computer, not the browser.
If you want to play here, just follow the instructions. Not everyone can or need to understand how everything works "under the hood". But for you I try to explain it a last time.

The only time, the password is known in the clear is when you type it into the browser. It then gets encrypted and stored encrypted in the database. Both databases use different methods for encryptions and since we are not the programmers of the forum software we can't change that. That's why we can't just copy the encrypted password from one database to the other. The only possible way we can keep both passwords the same is, when you create your account or when you reset your password. Then our embedded JavaScript creates the game account, if it doesn't exist yet, and submits the encrypted password. And without that gaming account you won't be able to login with the PokerTH software.

Further discussions will lead to nothing. You don't have a game account yet and the only way you can get one is either to reset your password or create a new forum account. In both cases our embedded JavaScript needs to run.
I made a new account with a completely stock browser with zero adblocking extensions and am still getting the same error message....
boehmi

Then your antivirus or something else might interfere. Try another browser or on another PC.

But here comes the big BUT: I will block both of your accounts. It just occurred to me what your usernames mean. Here is no place for homophobes! Read our chat rules https://www.pokerth.net/app.php/chat-rules and create a new account.
mianosm

Resetting the password in the forum was my fault, using the link in boehmi's signature did the trick.

Thanks!
Last edited by mianosm on Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h4x0r3r

I had to create a new account because my old one was to long inactive (probably?)

I can't login with my username. I used the same username and same password as I used with my old account. Can someone help me? :)

Ok I had to reset my password.. it works now. :)
Last edited by h4x0r3r on Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guideconde

I created my account and I am not able to access it, it says that it is having problems logging in
boehmi

Please reset your password here

https://www.pokerth.net/app.php/user/forgot_password

Make sure that JavaScript is not blocked. After this, your game account should work. Alternatively try with a different browser/PC.