Option to create a ranking game that only accepts players with a 4+ average

Tell us what do you like to have in PokerTH
Follak

Hi, what do you think about this idea:

An option to create a ranking game that only accepts players with a 4+ average?

* This might be a solution to ban most "bingo players" from the game.
Last edited by Follak on Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dncnbear

BBC: 19:30, 21:30, 23:15, 01:00 daily.
Have a grateful day.
_dustpuppy_

Follak wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:47 pm Hi, what do you think about this idea:

I like this idea.
<_dustpuppy_ aka="realhuman"/>
Follak

Follak wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:47 pm Hi, what do you think about this idea:

What if every player starts with 15 points average each season, most bingo players will drop soon under 4 points.

Who drops under 4 can play against other players with less than 4 points till they have enough (4+ points) to play with other players who are above 4.

Plus a maximum of 2 games per hour might also help.

I know my idea isn't perfect and sorry for the people who are no bingo player but just aren't good enough, but if anyone have a better suggestion to exclude (most) bingo players from the game be my guest to share it.
habibi

I don't know if this is possible with current software, but leagues could be a solution.
2 Leagues
normal and champion
you first need to qualify (avg points, nr of games played, matches won, etc.) in normal league to proceed to champions league.
boehmi

habibi wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:38 pm I don't know if this is possible with current software, but leagues could be a solution.
2 Leagues
normal and champion
you first need to qualify (avg points, nr of games played, matches won, etc.) in normal league to proceed to champions league.
Congratulations, you just re-invented WEC ;)

https://www.pokerth.net/viewforum.php?f=19
https://wec.pokerth.net/
JaneDEau

Sure, WEC and/or BBC exists but it doesn't answer the request. Why can't we have normal on-demand, on-the-fly ranking games that require a certain standard of play based on avg score? The players who join games merely to bingo and ruin the table would be isolated and likely just leave. No snarky snarksters with their snarky-snark remarks, please. boehmi and dncnbear, you nasty snarksters, I'm talking to you!!! lol.
sp0ck

What is so wrong about waiting like 20-30 hands and play when those Bingoers are more calcuable?

I see it like a huge feature from PokerTH! :-P ... skills needed for that ofc - just show more skills :-P

If you are not playing for real money and neither for the community ... and still expect games to be played by good players only ... wake up ... do a local LAN game instead maybe.
ridley97

Good idea. If it existed, I'd play my SnG there rather than the current open ranking, though that would still be available too.
CodyBC

It is free to play which creates looser players like me, Entertainment poker. I presume that the 4+ avg is an assumption that these players would not be the "bingo" player style of others here, maybe. Us bingo players should be banned from ranking games, I mean you have WEC, BBC and the other options in game setting provided by this neat little , powerful poker app. We get shit on in games and now play in another part of the sandbox. All kinds of playing style in poker. I had enough and will move on, nothing to do with your post.