Consistently Donk Accounts

General PokerTH Issues
boehmi

This topic re-surfaces from time to time and is discussed to death.

Preventing players from joining my own games will lead to players allowing only weak players and banning strong players in their games. The result will be an unfair ranking.

Also, how would
- minimum number of games
- minimum average of points
work at the beginning of the season?

Another suggestion which comes up from time to time is a 2 tier league style ranking. But you will find that it will be difficult to fill tables at certain times during the day. And it kind of exists already in the form of BBC and WEC.
Lacrimosa

boehmi wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:26 am This topic re-surfaces from time to time and is discussed to death.
Then they have neither found a solution...or they have no interest in finding a solution.
This thread will show the level of interest or disinterest...
boehmi wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:26 am Another suggestion which comes up from time to time is a 2 tier league style ranking...
I see a solution in that too! πŸ‘†

For example:

New Season:

League 1
All Players with minimum Ø Points: 4 are qualified.

League 2
All Players + "fresh bloods" under Ø Points: 4 are qualified.

Follow New Season:

Players from League 2 with Ø Points 4 qualified for League 1.

With this process (which takes a while) you can sort out the donks for League 1.

----------------------------

#BBC

A new player ("fresh blood") also needs more than 1 season...to collect enough "Step 2, Step 3 or Step 4 tickets"...to even get a chance at the top...if he has one at all chance has...with this outdated ticket system.
But that's not the topic here.

----------------------------

You can also change nothing and leave the ranking as it is.

Then will players like BarbaB stay away...and the donkeys keep donking on...

Or believe here anyone..that "Agent X" (for example) had only bad luck, bad beats...or is just a weak player...?
Come on...

Agent X
player?p=13674

Ø Points: 0.38
Last 5 games place: 10, 10, 6, 10, 10
Number of games: 208
πŸ†
BBC Champion (Season 10 / 2023)

πŸ†
New Years Duck Champion (2023)

πŸ†
Monthly Cup Champion (September 2022)

πŸ†
Ranking No. 1 (Season 3 / 2022)

Kloux

BarbaB wrote: ↑Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:57 pm My 5 cents:
By limiting play in ranking games either by a ban list, required minimal average after 40 games or any other way, may affect number of players at the platform. We, which mostly play BBC, Monthly or WEC, still need fresh blood to keep these (protected) games alive. In turn ranking games provide us with candidates we need so much.
I was annoyed by some players in ranking games enough I almost stopped playing them. As long as BBC, Monthly or WEC do not require members to play certain number of ranking games, I'll keep away from playing ranking - anyway I currently do not have much time to waste...

Keep calm, and enjoy every minute of your life as sooner or later life turns to be too short to waste it on complaining...
Sure, the overall number of players in the community is a concern...and ranking play provides some info on the players around your table (as do actual previous experiences....), at least for those who assume their ranks and stats (whatever they are).
"Getting along", respect each other and differences are important.

Speaking of differences:
BarbaB wrote: ↑Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:57 pm still need fresh blood
A Transylvanian problem ? ;-)

Regards
foamie

boehmi wrote: ↑Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:31 am Did you just make this post to make your "funny" avatar be seen? You're also called Luckymosa for a reason :D
LOL, i thought the same thing, kkkk. :D Althought, i must admit "WEC MEMBERS SHOCKED!" was actually funny and got a little chuckle out of me. :D
Lacrimosa wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:03 pm #BBC

A new player ("fresh blood") also needs more than 1 season...to collect enough "Step 2, Step 3 or Step 4 tickets"...to even get a chance at the top...if he has one at all chance has...with this outdated ticket system.
But that's not the topic here.
And, yes, you might be right about old tickets Lacrimosa. But it's because the BBC Season Winner (SW) is a new concept that was introduced after the ticket system. SW and old tickets seem to be incompatible, imho.

At first, i didn't see it because i only cared about the old system (Cup Winners). Only after trying to prevent people from gaming/cheating (whatever you want to call it) the SW system, i myself came to think the same as you.

Speaking of "cheating", some people draw some strange pleasure from gaming things. More power to them i guess. In the end, hopefully they can at least fool themselves. ;)
Lacrimosa wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:03 pm
boehmi wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:26 am This topic re-surfaces from time to time and is discussed to death.
Then they have neither found a solution...or they have no interest in finding a solution.
This thread will show the level of interest or disinterest...
Yeah, like boehmi said, this gets boring after a while. There is no easy solution to this. However, play enough Step 4's and you might just get lucky and enter WEC through the back door. :P
Lacrimosa

foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:16 pm
Only after trying to prevent people from gaming/cheating (whatever you want to call it) the SW system, i myself came to think the same as you.

Speaking of "cheating", some people draw some strange pleasure from gaming things. More power to them i guess. In the end, hopefully they can at least fool themselves. ;)
You talking about #BBC?

If someone plays 90% of his games on same table (no.2)...with the same "partner"...neither attacking nor kicking eachother (-5%)...then it has absolutely nothing to do with skills...whatever you want to call it...it's smell's.
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:16 pm Yeah, like boehmi said, this gets boring after a while. There is no easy solution to this.
#ranking-games

That's probably because you've been here for a long time...and nobody wants to change anything about it..?!
Maybe one day I'll think like you and do what BarbaB did... stop playing those games.
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:16 pm However, play enough Step 4's and you might just get lucky and enter WEC through the back door. :P
Why should I enter through a back door...when the red carpet will roll out for me...the front door is opened
...and the champagne is cold enough...😘
πŸ†

πŸ†

πŸ†

πŸ†

foamie

Yes, BBC, but I was simply referring to the part about gaming the SW system by relying on old tickets. It's "honest cheating", as someone once put it, because it's allowed within the rules.

The new stuff you just introduced, about "partners" not "attacking nor kicking each other" is pure speculation and only weakens your argument. Let's leave that aside.

"Nobody wants to change anything about it"... Have you ever wondered why? If you haven't, let me give you a clue: talk is CHEAP. Want to prove your SKILLS to the community?

IMPLEMENT a tournament/league with your suggestions and get people to participate voluntarily. But DO IT yourself and don't just "complaint" or "exchange ideas together and look for ways to improve ranked games"... while expecting others to do it for you... ;) Then you'll have my respect and admiration. 8-)

You, yourself, have tried a small step with "TESTIMONIUM PRO" and have seen, first hand, the difficulty of filling a room that comes with simply increasing the hand delay by 2 seconds... Now image the rest...

Again, everyone wants to fix the problem you describe, but it's easier said than done. The difficulty is actually doing it. Let me know when/if you fix it... i'll be very happy to participate in the new league. :)
Lacrimosa

Ufff...πŸ€•
But thanks for your answer!!!
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:53 pm Yes, BBC, but I was simply referring to the part about gaming the SW system by relying on old tickets. It's "honest cheating", as someone once put it, because it's allowed within the rules.
Let's leave that aside.
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:53 pm The new stuff you just introduced, about "partners" not "attacking nor kicking each other" is pure speculation and only weakens your argument. Let's leave that aside

Maybe I overlooked on the many tables we played together...an "Raise" -"ReRaise "-" ReReRaise "-"Allin-Bet"...
And the statistics from January to March deceived me also...I was wrong...
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:53 pm "Nobody wants to change anything about it"... Have you ever wondered why? If you haven't, let me give you a clue: talk is CHEAP. Want to prove your SKILLS to the community?
No!
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:53 pm IMPLEMENT a tournament/league with your suggestions and get people to participate voluntarily. But DO IT yourself and don't just "complaint" or "exchange ideas together and look for ways to improve ranked games"... while expecting others to do it for you... ;) Then you'll have my respect and admiration. 8-)
If you read correctly, I was looking for a solution against the "Donks"!
What you describe was out of the context from a reply to boehmi's answer.
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:53 pm You, yourself, have tried a small step with "TESTIMONIUM PRO" and have seen, first hand, the difficulty of filling a room that comes with simply increasing the hand delay by 2 seconds... Now image the rest...
TESTIMONIUM PRO is nothing more than a little "deterrent" against Donks, and has no deal with a new league.
foamie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:53 pm Again, everyone wants to fix the problem you describe, but it's easier said than done. The difficulty is actually doing it. Let me know when/if you fix it... i'll be very happy to participate in the new league. :)
I am not a system administrator nor can I solve here problems.
Only one insider can give this answer.

If that's so difficult or cannot be solved ...(what I didn't know)... then everything stays the same as it is and was.

"Agent X + Co." donk the rankings...
"BarbaB + Co." leave these games...
boehmi wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:26 am "...and is discussed to death.
You were right @boehmi...πŸ‘†

See ya once inna day on the red carpet...πŸ’ƒ

😘
πŸ†

πŸ†

πŸ†

πŸ†

Lacrimosa

The donks are getting more and more disgusting...

I hope operators realize that the donkey problem is getting bigger and worse
than previously thought.
Attachments
Disgusting!!!
Disgusting!!!
nekej.jpg (81.88 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
πŸ†

πŸ†

πŸ†