Being forced to play a BBC

General PokerTH Issues
Danek

Hello,

Yesterday an unfortunate mishap happened to me: I was invited to play in step2 late even though I didn’t reg. As I was too tired to play a step2 (1h am) and the table wasn't full, I declined the invitation and said I was fine with a step1 if needed (less at stake for me).
The admin answered me that I had to play otherwise my step2 ticket would be automatically lost. So I played, finished 4th and wasted a ticket for nothing.

The rule « Being in Game Lobby while declining a Step2 or Step3 game invitation as seat 10, and game is not played » raises problems.

1. A player should be free to decide when and which game he plays or not. His ranking also depends on this management.

2. A penalty is only fair if the player has failed to fulfil his obligations. A player who has not committed any fault or offence can not be penalised.
Otherwise it means that being on the lobby in the evening becomes dangerous.

3. What happens when there are several players in the lobby who can be requested (like yesterday)? How does the admin decide who will be obliged to play and who will have the chance to save his ticket?
There's a clear lack of equality between players.

4. In the case of last night, there was no reason to force me to play step2. There were only 3 registered players and only 5 players were invited in the game. This could have been changed to step1 as it is usually the case (and as one player had suggested).

This imprecise rule may give rise to problems of transparency: lack of equality, equity, security, etc.
And that’s far from a « friendly game and community » ...

I came to have fun but I went to bed with a bad feeling.
I hope you'll find a way of solving this problem so that coming to play remains a pleasure.
Attachments
BBC.jpg
BBC.jpg (157.42 KiB) Viewed 6870 times
Huckleberry

Hi Danek, I removed that rule from Players Manual. Only players who are registered and don't show or turn down invitation lose tickets. You don't lose a ticket just for being in lobby and refusing invite
How to register: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29
Reset password: app.php/user/forgot_password
dncnbear

Yesterday an unfortunate mishap happened to me: I was invited to play in step2 late even though I didn’t reg. As I was too tired to play a step2 (1h am) and the table wasn't full, I declined the invitation and said I was fine with a step1 if needed (less at stake for me).
The admin answered me that I had to play otherwise my step2 ticket would be automatically lost. So I played, finished 4th and wasted a ticket for nothing.
I replied if we got to 9 players , and you still refused to play step2, you would lose a ticket. When coruja questioned this rules existence, I quoted the rule. You responded you read the rule and now would play. I Re-invite you. You Joined
1. A player should be free to decide when and which game he plays or not. His ranking also depends on this management.
You could of left the lobby or game you joined at anytime and not lose a ticket or affected your BBC ranking
2. A penalty is only fair if the player has failed to fulfil his obligations. A player who has not committed any fault or offence can not be penalised.
Otherwise it means that being on the lobby in the evening becomes dangerous.

This is a 2 part:
Login as a guest, which is anonymous I might add, if you don't want to be on the BBC 'clock'
-or-
Don't be in lobby when seat 9 is filled
3. What happens when there are several players in the lobby who can be requested (like yesterday)? How does the admin decide who will be obliged to play and who will have the chance to save his ticket?
There's a clear lack of equality between players.
Very good question, so far the only one that might need clarification: If you are in the lobby, and 9 players are waiting to play a step2 or step3 and you refuse to play you WOULD OF lost a ticket. If there are multiply players with tickets, refusing to play while in the lobby, they all WOULD OF lost tickets
4. In the case of last night, there was no reason to force me to play step2. There were only 3 registered players and only 5 players were invited in the game. This could have been changed to step1 as it is usually the case (and as one player had suggested).
This might be a rant on but here we go: I apologize that you stated you read the rule and would now play. I re-invited you. YOU JOINED. Ignorance is bless. You read rule, guess you didn't understand the rule. As an admin, I don't have time to explain rulez while trying to fill a SCHEDULED STEP2 game. I answered your questions, best I could The rest is poker (in more ways than one). I stated i was going to wait until 7:20 to fill the SCHEDULED STEP2, BEFORE REVERTING TO A STEP1. You would of only been FORCED to play or lose a ticket if *see above. One of the Three Registered players: OO7 lost their ticket for not posting a request for removal. Furthermore, you joining when you did guaranteed a seat on the step1 table, if we had reverted to such. Had we reverted to step1 coruja might of gotten invited as seat 10, where you would of been invited regardless.
This imprecise rule may give rise to problems of transparency: lack of equality, equity, security, etc.
Really? Imprecise? The Old rule was maybe, but "Being in Game Lobby while declining a Step2 or Step3 game invitation AS SEAT 10, and game is not played" .Seems pretty simple and VERY precise, Here is 2 to 3 times as many words that is less precise:

#1 There Must be 9 players waiting to start a step2 or step3 game
#2 You are in lobby, with a step2 or step3 ticket
#3 You THEN refuse to play that step2 or step3
#4 AND the game did not play, BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO
SIMPLE! You LOSE a ticket for wasting the admin and 8 other player's time

I hope you'll find a way of solving this problem so that coming to play remains a pleasure.
In closing, if you're worried about ranking, A step2 is worth twice as much as a Step1. Had your questions been in shoutbox, as you stated in the lobby or game chat, I don't remember, the response would of been more timely. It was a good rule. Sorry for YOUR confusion Your ticket was returned by The Boss. Good Luck, Have Fun
Last edited by dncnbear on Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Have a grateful day.
dncnbear

You don't lose a ticket just for being in lobby and refusing invite
That is precisely what the rule WAS, if you as a player were the reason a step2 or step3 didn't happen by not accepting an OPEN invite as seat #10
Last edited by dncnbear on Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a grateful day.
Lacrimosa

Danek wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:53 pm

I wish you, us and the community every success, especially problems of transparency: lack of equality, equity,

Otherwise the feeling arises... to be just a puppet in a self-made-ego-game...
🏆
BBC Champion (Season 10 / 2023)

🏆
New Years Duck Champion (2023)

🏆
Monthly Cup Champion (September 2022)

🏆
Ranking No. 1 (Season 3 / 2022)

dncnbear

transparency
From ME ? From Huckleberry? He hasn't deleted any forum or shoutbox messages. What's opaque?

lack of equality

I hate everyone

equity

How friendly is it to the community if you are the player, by your refusal to accept SEAT 10 and the game fails to play. A similar situation would be if a step1 and stepX are scheduled at the same time. You as a registered step1 player, and having a stepX ticket, refuse to play stepX and the game did not play. Real community equity. The rule would of been unenforceable in this case because the player was registered for step1. Had the player not been registered and was an OPEN invite from the lobby and only wanted to play the lower step the rule might of been enforceable.

Regardless, the rule would rarely be enforceable for 17:30, 19:30 and 23:15 games. Where an 0100 game, might be enforceable a majority of the time. And the way I WROTE IT, and included "as seat #10" The admin would really have to want to take the ticket and too get it.

Only ticket I wanted was from corjua. I could of gotten it had I choose. I would of told Danek if they didnt want to lose a ticket, to leave the lobby, once I kicked them from the table after Frinkenstein joined. corjua having clearly stated they would not play the step2, would of had their ticket taken. If Danek hadn't heeded my advice and also stayed, they would of lost a ticket too. I then would of cleared the table, told Frinkenstein he could try to fill another step2 , step1 , or just not play a 0100. Then I would of left.

Only mistake Danek made was mention the fact they would like to play a step1 but not step2, nor truly understanding the rule. For early games it is actually rather common for such statements. The mere fact I stated a rule, had its intended affect. The intention of the rule is to fill tables and make tickets. Danek not really understanding "the rule" did understand the rules purpose, Man-ed Up or Women-ed Up in your case, and helped our community and filled a seat for step2. THANK YOU DANEK FOR BEING A PLAYER!

Otherwise the feeling arises

Take all your PokerTH winnings and go see a Psychologist. It you cant cover the bill with your winnings, go talk to a Priest

Players need to understand the time commitment admins make and the commitment of all the others' that maintain PokerTH gratis. And not bust ballz. This entire project is open source thusly TRANSPARENT. Instead of busting ballz, has the player contributed to this open source project's coding and development? Cant code like me, find a coder and pay them to make the changes you want. Instead of busting ballz, have you made a donation to cover hardware and bandwidth expense?
Otherwise , why not be posivite instead of busting ballz. You are getting exactly what you've paid, or owe. NOTHING

Good Luck, have fun.
Last edited by dncnbear on Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a grateful day.
Lacrimosa

dncnbear wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:35 pm
transparency
I hate everyone

Hate...
is not a good guide in poker...says my husband.

😘
🏆

🏆

🏆

🏆

Danek

Thank you Huckleberry and dncnbear.

Lacrimosa ...
You have no idea what the open source community is all about. Nor do you know anything about the mindset of volunteer teams.
That takes all the value out of what you say.
dncnbear

My pleasure Danek.

I will speak for Huckleberry and all other admins and maintainers' of pokerTH.

It was our pleasure
Have a grateful day.
Lacrimosa

Criticism can be understood as constructive...instead of assuming things that are not right!

Away from me...back to topic...without hate!

😘
🏆

🏆

🏆

🏆