How to write a good ban appeal

m1ke

I recently got permabanned, but was able to appeal it. I found that there are some good tips to writing a good ban appeal, which are:
  • Be respectful.
  • Take responsibility, but state that you believe there may have been a misunderstanding.
  • Explain your reasoning for why there may have been a misunderstanding.
  • It's also a good idea to send the appeal from the e-mail associated to your account.
  • Use proper grammar.
With these tips, you will have a good chance of being unbanned.
This is what a bad ban appeal looks like (let's call this user little johnny, getting banned for insulting or disruptive behavior)
"dear pokerTH, I shuldntiv bin banned!!!! I nevr told anyonz anytheeng bad!!!!!!!! U guyz r trash!!!!"
This is a horrible appeal. First of all, he took no responsibility. Second of all, he didn't even use proper grammar. Third of all, he was being disrespectful.
"To the PokerTH Chat moderators,

I'm writing to appeal my recent ban for sharing a link. I apologize if it came across as an advertisement, that wasn't my intention. It was a link to my twitch channel about PokerTH.

I understand the "No links" rule and should have checked it better before sharing. I won't make that mistake again. I truly enjoy the PokerTH community and promise to follow the rules.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

@kenny"
This is an example of a good appeal. @kenny did the following:
  • He took responsibility.
  • He was being respectful to the moderators.
  • He stated he was the owner of the account.
  • Last but not least, he stated that there was a misunderstanding and explained why.
This should help you with your ban appeal. Good luck! <3
~ "Bite me!" - Uzi Doorman, 2021 ~
bugs

:shock: Good advice, I accidentally pasted an adult orientated website while using my employer twitter Account, a very humbling experience especially during coffee breaks. I also discovered there are clipboard (free) apps that are very helpful in preventing embarrassing situations.
m1ke

bugs wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:10 pm :shock: Good advice, I accidentally pasted an adult orientated website while using my employer twitter Account, a very humbling experience especially during coffee breaks. I also discovered there are clipboard (free) apps that are very helpful in preventing embarrassing situations.
you're welcome, good thing i could help. :D
~ "Bite me!" - Uzi Doorman, 2021 ~